7 Tips to Extend Your Pool Season
Who doesn’t want to extend your pool season? While pools are easy to love and enjoy in the warmer months, most people would love to be able to enjoy their pool for longer to really get their money’s worth. Sure, Florida stays relatively temperate throughout the year but there are steps you can take to make sure that you get the most out of your pool. This article will go over 7 of our top tips to extend your pool season. Let’s get learning!
7 Tips to Extend Your Pool Season
- Solar Covers: These nifty pool covers will gather in warmth from the sun during the day when you aren’t using your pool. This will warm up the water for whenever you’re ready to jump in. The only downside is that they won’t do much when it’s overcast outside. This can help extend the amount of time during the year that you can swim and stay comfortable. This will also help save you a little money, as these covers help to minimize the evaporation of water and, consequently, your pool chemicals.
- Heaters: You know how you can buy a heater for your room? Yep, they make them for pools, too! You can install one of these heaters for year-round comfort in your pool. You can find several different varieties, such as gas, electric, or solar heaters. You can choose which one will work best for you and your budget.
- Pool Enclosures: This temporary structure basically turns your outdoor pool into an indoor pool. They’re usually made of glass and help to seal in warm air. They’ll also protect your pool from varying debris throughout the season. You can pop it up when the weather starts to get cool and leave it up until the warm weather comes back around!
- Keep it Clean: This is a year-round thing, but it’s especially important in the fall to keep your pool clear of debris like falling leaves so that you can continue to enjoy it. A clean pool is crucial to keeping it enjoyable and usable at any time of the year.
- Heat Pumps: These are kind of like reverse air conditioners, as they pull in air and warm it up to create heat for your pool. These heat pumps are usually pretty cost-efficient, as they don’t require a ton of electricity to run. Typically, they start to lose efficiency around the 50 degrees Fahrenheit range, but some can handle lower temperatures!
- Use Automatic Timers: This can help save you time and effort in taking care of your pool. You can set your heaters to a timer so that you never have to come home to a cold pool again! This will also help your pool’s energy efficiency, as you won’t have your heaters constantly running and driving up your bill.
- Prevent Pool Freeze: While it is less likely to happen in Florida, you never know…and you should always be prepared. Keep your pool from freezing up and becoming majorly damaged. How do you help prevent this? Winterize it! This means taking a few steps, such as removing pool hardware, lowering the water level, etc. to minimize what can freeze. This will make it much easier to open up your pool again later.
With these helpful tips in mind, we hope you are able to extend your pool season and enjoy your pool a little longer this upcoming year! Many of these tips can even be used in conjunction with each other for even better results, like the solar cover and the heater pump! Whether you use just one of these tips or mix and match a few, you should be able to find what works for your needs and your schedule, easily. Enjoy your extended pool season!
Baby Barrier pool fences help you add an extra layer of protection year round. Our safety fences keep curious kids and pets safely out of your pool when they are not supervised. We have protected thousands of pools and give countless parents and grandparents peace of mind.