Swimming Pool Activities for Kids
Pool activities for kids is a great way you can do to get the wiggles out of your kids, going to the pool is a fan favorite. Being at the pool and swimming all day is a great way to get your kids active, which will keep them healthy in the long run. If you need a few ideas of ways to keep your kids entertained and active at the same time at the pool, we can help with that. Today’s article will go over some great pool activities for kids so they can stay active while at the pool, so let’s get going!
- Swimming: A no-brainer, but if your kid actually likes to swim then feel free to let them do that to their heart’s content. Swimming is a hugely beneficial activity for health.
- Marco Polo: This one is a classic for a reason! It remains one of the most fun group games to play at the pool. One person will be “it,” closing their eyes and calling out “Marco!” The rest of the players will be calling back “Polo” while making sure not to get caught.
- Air Ball: This game requires a beach ball and determination. The one rule? The ball can’t touch the water. The whole group has to keep the ball up in the air, and it can be a riot to watch.
- Have a floatie race: You know those fun animal-shaped floaties? Race those bad boys. Will the shark beat the swan? Will the orca take the prize? Who knows, but it’ll be funny to find out!
- Pool basketball: You can find a little floating basketball hoop and ball pretty easily, and this game will keep the kids entertained and will be, well…a slam dunk!
- Squirt Guns: These toys are the big kahuna of the pool toys for a reason. One idea is that you can organize a game of spray tag, where the kids have to dive under the water to avoid getting hit. Whenever someone is hit, they have to give up their weapon until the next round. Last kid standing is the winner!
More Pool Activities For Kids
- Chicken fights: Rarely do you want to encourage horsing around, but chicken is a great way to burn off some of that wild energy.
- Treasure hunts: Get a bunch of pool toys that will sink to the bottom, then scatter those throughout the pool. Whoever gets the most toys wins!
- Sharks and Minnows: You can have a blast with this action-packed game where only the strongest swimmers survive. The shark will announce that they’re hungry, and then they’ll start going after all of the minnows. Last one standing is the winner!
- Whirlpool: Want to add a bit of STEM learning into the fun of pool time? This activity combines science and silliness by having a group of kids evenly spaced in the water. They will all walk in a circle, then jog, to get the whirlpool spinning. Once it’s in effect, they can try to walk in the other direction and see what happens!
- Cannonball contest: This one is sure to create a splash (sorry, we couldn’t resist). Let the kids show off their best cannonball, and then whoever makes the most splash wins! You can also add style points to make it fair for the smaller ones.
There are so many pool activities for kids to do while at the pool. You can find activities that will be good for exercise, challenge their minds, and are just plain silly. Whatever you decide to do, just make sure they stay safe and have fun!